DC-808, Estimator (Fit Out/Construction/Design), Birmingham, £30-35k
We are presently working with a very successful company who now have a fantastic opportunity within their Midlands Office for an experienced Estimator.
Working within several interesting marketplaces the company prides themselves on providing all their clients (including global brands) with a full design, build and installation service, ensuring projects runs as seamlessly as possible from initial tender and win through to delivery.
Reporting to the Design Manager you will be involved in producing accurate and cost effective estimates for UK and International projects in a number of very exciting sectors.
This is a brand new role and the successful Estimator will be responsible for:
* Producing post tender handover packs for production / commercial teams
* Preparing bills of quantities and importing BOQ’s on to the estimating system.
* Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
* Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Value management and cost control.
* Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
* Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
* Overseeing the bid submission process, profiling new enquiries, responding to expressions of interest and responding to pre-qualification’s.
* Lead in coordinating and submitting tender and contract documents.
* Handling the post contract process ensuring efficient handover to delivery group and inputting data for variations in final accounts.
* Developing relationships with client commercial and project management staff.
* Prior estimating experience ideally gained from within the Shopfit, Fit Outs, Construction or a similar marketplace.
* Knowledge of different manufacturing techniques and substrates.
* Self-motivated with the ability to multi task
* First range organisational skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
* Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) all levels of seniority from the shop floor through to CEO level.
* A methodical approach to work and an eye for detail.
* Good IT Skills
* Although not essential holding an estimating qualification and/or surveying experience could be advantageous.